We’ve compiled a list of 30 fun and practical gifts that all outdoorsy people will appreciate but particularly those whose favorite outdoor activity is camping. Each item on the list Paul or I personally own and love or have read lots of reviews of and have added to our own wish lists. This post contains affiliate links that earn us a small commission should you click through and make a purchase (at no additional cost to you) Thank you in advance for your support!
1. Patagonia Lightweight Synchilla Snap-T Fleece Pullover – Women’s
Warm yet lightweight, the Snap-T fleece pullover for women delivers classic Patagonia style and versatility for all kinds of activities.
- Soft, durable 200-weight Synchilla® fleece insulates even when wet
- 4-snap placket is reinforced with Supplex® nylon
- Snap chest pocket on yoke seam
- Contrast spandex binding on cuffs and hem
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
Shop Patagonia Synchilla Snap-T Fleece ($129.00)
2. REI Co-op Graphic Bandana
It’s a simple hunk of fabric—but then again, the REI Co-op graphic bandana is a pot holder, sweat absorber, nose blower, glasses cleaner, ankle splint, headband, dog collar…you get the picture.
REI Co-op Graphic Bandana ($7.95)
3. Rumpl Original Puffy Blanket – National Park
Celebrate their fave park and stay cozy under the stars—or wherever you stake your spot—with the National Park Rumpl Original Puffy blanket, a warm, packable throw made from 100% recycled materials.
Shop Rumpl Original Puffy Blanket – National Park ($129)
4. REVEL GEAR Trail Hound 30 ft. Camping Light
Providing long, bright, energy-efficient mood lighting for the great outdoors, the dimmable REVEL GEAR Trail Hound 30 ft. camping light is a go-to choice for making memories under the stars.
- Beautifully illuminate your basecamp with 100 high-efficiency LEDs on a 30 ft. strand
- Plug into any USB outlet or battery and experience the night without a headlamp (power source not included)
- 350 lumens of adjustable light with 8 brightness settings allow for energy conservation and versatility
- 6 different modes, including: solid light, fade in/out, strobe, flash and a fire-crackle setting
- Low power draw (less than 1–5W) for energy efficiency
- Compatible with any 5V USB power source
- Light, packable design weighs only 1.6 oz. and fits in your pocket
- IP65 rated to withstand rain and dust
- REVEL GEAR supports renewable energy and lighting projects for those in need
Shop REVEL GEAR Trail Hound 30 ft. Camping Light ($24.95)
5. Stanley The Master Unbreakable Thermal Bottle – 44 fl. oz.
Keep drinks hot or cold for a day or longer while you’re out adventuring. The Master Unbreakable thermal bottle from Stanley is tough, leakproof and ready to roam.
- Crafted from BPA-free 1 mm 18/8 stainless for exceptional durability—no more worrying about fragility; just focus on the adventure
- Double-wall QuadVac™ insulation keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold; can keep iced beverages iced for up to 6 days
- Fully leakproof design make it easy for you to head out fishing, camping, backpacking or on your daily grind without dealing with leaks
- Vacuum-insulated steel lid cover doubles as a drinking cup and keeps your drink hotter longer than a standard coffee mug
- Simply throw your bottle into the dishwasher when you get home for an effortless clean
Shop Stanley The Master Unbreakable Thermal Bottle- 44 fl. oz. ($37.73)
6. REI Co-op Life Outdoors Flask – 8 fl. oz.
Never be at a loss when it’s your turn to toast. The 8 fl. oz. REI Co-op Life Outdoors flask is imprinted with a salute that’s always appropriate, especially when said under the stars.
REI Co-op Life Outdoors Flask – 8 fl. oz. ($24.95)
7. Teva Midform Boots – Women’s
With chunky soles and an edgy aesthetic, the women’s Teva Midform boots are a closed-toe version of the classic sandal. With microfiber linings and cushy insoles, you’ll enjoy all-day comfort.
- Uppers made from reconstituted leather sourced from tannery waste
- Uppers are protected with abrasion- and water-resistant polyurethane to repel light splashes and stains
- Microfiber linings offer a soft feel against skin
- Recycled polyester laces allow for the perfect fit
- MAX-COMF insole technology delivers long-lasting and enhanced support via cushy memory foam topsoles, a layer of durable foam, and footbed covers made from recycled content
- 15% recycled TPU welts
- 50% recycled EVA midsoles for maximum, lightweight comfort
- 50% recycled rubber outsoles provide durability and traction
Shop Teva Midform Boots – Womens ($139.9)
8. GSI Outdoors Santoku Knife Set
Dice fragrant onions, slice through juicy tomatoes and halve fluffy bagels with the handy GSI Outdoors Santoku knife set—essential kitchen gear for those whose knife skills are in high demand.
- Compact stainless-steel blades are rockered for kitchen prep and other camp use
- Protective sheaths ensure safe handling and help maintain sharpness
- Ergonomic rubber handles provide a steady grip
- Folding cutting board is easy to carry and unfolds to reveal a generous 12.6 x 9 in. prep surface
- Quick-drying, microfiber cleaning cloth has a soft, nonabrasive side for delicate items and a rough, scouring side for scrubbing
- Includes 4 in. paring knife with sheath; 6 in. chef’s knife with sheath; 6 in. serrated knife with sheath; folding cutting board; soap bottle; dish cloth; nylon case
- Ballistic nylon outer case keeps everything organized
Shop GSI Outdoors Santoku Knife Set (39.95)
9. YETI Tundra 65 Cooler
Most coolers come away from a life full of adventure with cracked corners, caved-in lids and busted hinges. Not the YETI Tundra 65. It’s built tough to take the abuse that comes with the way you play.
- Tundra 65 cooler has a 57.6-liter capacity (61 qt.) that will hold 39 cans and plenty of ice; designed to accommodate long-neck bottles
- Rotomolded polyethylene construction, the same process used to make whitewater kayaks, ensures excellent impact resistance and long-lasting durability
- Extra-thick walls contain proprietary PermaFrost™ insulation that is pressure injected, giving the cooler excellent resistance to outside temperatures
- YETI coolers are designed to handle extremely low temperatures and are compatible with dry ice; dry ice provides about 3 times the cooling power of regular ice
- Tundra lid doesn’t just close, it seals shut with a freezer-quality gasket around the entire lid to minimize air exchange
- Durable rubber T-latches fit in the molded latch keepers on the cooler to ensure the lid stays closed
- The Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee has certified the Tundra 65 as a bear-resistant food container when used with 2 padlocks (not included), 1 on each of the front corners
- Tie-down slots are molded into the cooler body for solid mounting in your boat or truck; cooler can be secured while allowing access to the inside; straps sold separately
- Full-length, rustproof aluminum rod connects and holds the body and lid together; hinge stops are molded in the lid so the hinge will never break
- Screw-in gasketed drain plug won’t leak; partially unscrew the plug to drain water
- Haul handles on the ends are designed to make carrying a loaded cooler easier for 2 people; textured grips are secured with marine-grade nylon rope
- Use the Integrated recessed handles when you’re carrying the cooler by yourself
- Included dry goods rack keeps your sandwiches from getting soggy
Shop YETI Tundra 65 Cooler ($375.00)
10. REI Co-op Cool Trail Pack Cooler
Pack in the party food and drink for your beach bonfire or day at the park in the REI Co-op Cool Trail Pack cooler. It holds 10 lbs. of ice to keep 20 cans cold for up to 40 hrs.
- Remove the leakproof cooler insert from the pack and you’ve got yourself a roomy pack for day hiking
- Padded, contoured hipbelt and shoulder straps offer adjustable comfort for hikes and long walks to the beach
- External gear pockets and a top pocket let you carry plenty of trail supplies
- Front lash straps make it easy to attach bulky items such as a blanket or camp chair
- Fits waists/hips measuring 28–46 in. in circumference, and torsos measuring 17–19 in. in length
- Made to reflect our love for people and the planet through the use of recycled and bluesign®-approved materials
- Recycled materials keep waste out of landfills and bluesign®-approved materials conserve resources and protect the health of the environment, workers and wearer (you!)
Shop REI CO-op Cool Trail Pack Cooler ($99.95)
11.REI Co-op Graphic Camp Mug – 12 fl. oz.
Sit back and sip a cuppa with the REI Co-op graphic camp mug. It keeps your cold beverages cold and hot beverages hot and it’s built tough to kick around camp for years to come.
- Double-wall vacuum insulation keeps your drink hot or cold for hours
- Made of high-quality 18/8 stainless steel
- Comes with a lid to keep your beverage from spilling while on the move
- Mug and lid are both BPA-free
Shop REI Co-op Graphic Camp Mug – 12 fl. oz. ($19.95)
12. Coleman Cascade 222 2-Burner Camp Stove
Level up your food game with the Coleman Cascade 2-burner stove. It makes it easy to cook great meals outdoors—perfect for those times when trail mix just won’t cut it.
- Dimensions: 22 x 13.2 x 3.7 inches
- Fuel: Propane
- 2 adjustable burners offer 22,000 total BTUs of cooking power
- Improved knob rotation allows precise temperature and simmer control
- Since cooking in the elements can be tough, this stove has 2 guards to shield the burners and flame from the wind
- Rotary ignition allows easy, matchless lighting, so you don’t have to worry about bringing along matches or a lighter when you’re packing to go
- Aluminized steel cooktop and removable chrome-plated pan support allow quick, mess-free cleanup
- There’s a secure space for storing the regulator, and a heavy-duty latch keeps the stove closed while you travel
- Recessed carry handle makes the stove easy to bring along to the campsite or park
Shop Coleman Cascade 222 2-burner Camp Stove ($170.00)
13. Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion Socks – Men’s
Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion socks provide miles of comfort and durability—tested on the Vermont Long Trail, these socks provide a high level of cushioned performance.
- Darn Tough uses a custom-count, shrink-treated merino wool that enhances comfort and durability for outdoor activities
- Merino wool wicks away moisture and breathes to regulate temperature for outstanding comfort in a variety of conditions
- Mid-level cushion density under foot
- Provides reinforcement at the heels and toes and elastic support around the arch
- Ring-toe construction hides seams and enhances comfort
- Non-cushioned, wide-ribbed, crew-height legs
- Darn Tough recommends that you machine wash socks inside out in warm water on gentle cycle and tumble dry on low
Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion Socks – Men’s
14. ENO SingleNest Hammock
Perfect for one, the compact and lightweight ENO SingleNest hammock is expertly constructed with durable yet soft FreeWave™ fabric, making it ideal for solo relaxation on any kind of adventure.
- Updated with supremely comfortable, breathable and fast-drying FreeWave™ fabric
- Made with exclusive crinkle treatment for exceptional softness and packability
- Extended 9.5 ft. hammock body creates more room to stretch out, lay flat and relax
- Time-tested, triple-stitched seam construction creates unmatched durability and protection against ripping or tearing
- Refreshed hardware includes a custom side-release buckle and larger cordlock for easy setup and pack-up every time
- Integrated stuff sack compresses the hammock to a travel-ready size and now offers a bonus internal stash pocket to store a phone or drink
- Weighing in at just 16 oz., the SingleNest packs down to the size of a mango and is light enough to take anywhere
- Specially designed carabiners easily attach to all ENO hammock straps or other secure anchor points and help maintain correct orientation for a safer, easier hang
- Compatible with all ENO hammock straps, stands, bug nets, rain tarps and insulation systems (not included)
- ENO plants 2 trees for every hammock purchase through their partnership with Trees for the Future
- ENO is a member of the 1% For The Planet organization, donating 1% of sales to environmental nonprofits
Shop ENO SingleNest Hammock ($54.95)
15. Parks Project Camp Chair
Adorned with trees and perfect for lounging, this Parks Project camp chair helps you sit back and enjoy your surroundings. It’s light and easy to bring along on any camping trip.
- Anti-sink disk feet are ideal for camping
- High-strength plastic reinforcements and bar tack sewing add durability
- Features a Feel the Earth Breathe graphic
Shop Parks Project Camp Chair ($76.93)
16. America the Beautiful Pass – 2022/2023
Good for a year’s worth of visits, the annual America the Beautiful Pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites across the country, including all our national parks.
Shop American the Beautiful Pass – 2022/2023 ($79.99)
17. Stanley Pour Over Set
Stanley Pour Over set that includes a durable 12 oz. stainless-steel mug and easy-to-clean filter.
- Set made of BPA-free 18/8 stainless steel includes a 20 oz. pour-over filter, a 12 oz. camp mug and travel lid
- Pour-over filter doesn’t require wasteful disposable filters
- Covered by the Stanley Built for Life™ limited lifetime warranty; contact Stanley for details
Shop Stanley Pour Over Set ($40.00)
18. Cotopaxi Abrazo Half-Zip Fleece Jacket – Men’s
Embodying a commitment to sustainability and style, the Cotopaxi Abrazo Half-Zip fleece jacket is made with recycled fabric and has fresh colors for a look that fits in around town and on the trail.
- Half-zip design allows for quick temperature control and easy on/off
- Made with recycled fleece
- Includes 2 front hand pockets and a stretchy, zippered chest pocket for stashing your small essentials
- Elastic binding at collar and cuffs
- Front hand pockets
Shop Cotopaxi Abrazo Half-Zip Fleece Jacket – Men’s ($110.00)
19. The Landmark Project 2023 Write-In National Park Calendar
See America the Beautiful through the lens of original artwork. The Landmark Project 2023 Write-In National Park Calendar highlights the unique landscapes of U.S. national parks and public lands.
Shop The Landmark Project 2023 Write-In National Park Calendar ($20.00)
20. Patagonia Brodeo Beanie
An everyday, do-it-all hat for checking surf, biking into town for coffee and backpacking in the high country, the Patagonia Brodeo beanie features a warm blend of luxurious recycled wool and nylon.
- Recycled wool and nylon blend fabric feels smooth against skin, sheds moisture and insulates even when wet
- 2 in. rib-knit cuff fits snugly around your ears for extra warmth
Shop Patagonia Brodeo Beanie ($49.00)
21. REI Co-op Membership
- Co-op profits go back to their source—members get 10% back annually on eligible purchases. (10% is typical but not guaranteed.)
- Member free shipping. No minimum purchase amount required. Exclusions apply.
- Save on your favorite (outdoor) things with special offers, discounts, Member Bonus Cards and more.
- Buy and trade in used gear with Re/Supply, co-op members shop and trade in used gear that’s ready for more life outside.
- Early access to curated products and limited-edition gear. Only at REI Co-op—and just for our members.
- Members save 20% on bike & snow shop services. Exclusions apply.
- Members, try something different or rediscover a forgotten favorite. Or just get outside in a new way. No deposit required.
- Explore more for less with special pricing and discounts on REI Co-op classes, day trips and nationwide adventures.New members create change. We’ll donate $5 to the REI Cooperative Action Fund† with the purchase of each lifetime membership. †The REI Cooperative Action Fund is a 501(c)(3) public charity which makes grants to nonprofits that promote justice, equity and belonging in the outdoors.
- Learn, explore and connect through access to unique local events, hosted live in your neighborhood and virtually around the country.
- Your voice matters. Members can vote on candidates for the co-op board who represent and guide the co-op forward.
- Members get free flat tire repair for bikes (labor only, parts not included) and machine wax for skis or boards. Exclusions apply.
Shop REI Co-op Membership ($30.00)
22. Mountaineers Books Campfire Stories Deck: Prompts for Igniting Stories by the Fire
A collection of 50 cards with storytelling prompts, the Campfire Stories Deck helps people of all ages find engaging and meaningful ways to connect with family and friends, at camp or at home.
Shop Mountaineers Books Campfire Stories Deck: Prompts for Igniting Stories by the Fire ($14.95)
23. Nomadix Festival Blanket
Whether you’re heading to a festival, lounging at the beach or doing some yoga, the Nomadix Festival blanket provides a large, clean and dry area to spread out on.
- Fabric is made using Global Recycle Standard–certified postconsumer recycled plastic; durable material won’t stretch or warp over time and holds up over multiple washes
- Global Recycle Standard (GRS) ensures accurate content claims and good working conditions while minimizing harmful environmental and chemical impacts
- Single-sided print design is solid charcoal on the reverse side
- Lightweight material packs down small
Shop Nomadic Festival Blanket ($69.95)
24. GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table 20
The GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table 20 features a 1-piece compact design that allows it to fold up to half the size of other camp tables for easy transport to your campsite.
- Ideal for camping, tailgating, fishing and sporting events
- Aluminum frame and heat-dissipating aluminum tabletop support up to 60 lbs.
- Includes telescoping legs that allow this full-size table to fold compactly
- GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table 20 folds up quickly and easily to take up little space in your car
Shop GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table 20 ($45.00)
25. Patagonia Ultralight Black Hole Mini Hip Pack
Stowing into its own pocket when not in use and expanding to carry everyday essentials, the Patagonia Ultralight Black Hole Mini hip pack is made from extremely lightweight yet tough fabric.
- Updated from previous version: body fabric, lining fabric and webbing are all recycled material
- Main compartment features a key clip and security pocket that doubles as the pack’s stuff sack
- Soft, flexible webbing belt lets you carry the Mini around your hips or over your shoulder, bandolier style
- 2.4 oz., 70-denier, 100% recycled ripstop nylon is treated with a silicone face coating and a polyurethane back coating for weather resistance
- Lined with 3.3 oz., 200-denier, 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating and durable water repellent (DWR) finish
- Body fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Shop Patagonia Ultralight Black Hole Mini Hip Pack ($35.00)
26. JBL Clip 4 Speaker
Delivering rich, outsize sound in a compact package, the waterproof JBL Clip 4 speaker features an integrated carabiner for clipping to your belt or bag for easy portability.
- JBL Pro Sound delivers surprisingly rich audio and punchy bass from a compact package
- With its integrated carabiner, it’s easy to take your JBL Clip 4 anywhere: Just clip it on a belt, strap or buckle and go
- IP67 rating means this is considered dustproof and waterproof; it can withstand submersion in water up to 1 m deep for up to 30 min.
- Bluetooth connectivity lets you wirelessly stream music from your phone, tablet or laptop
- Up to 10 hrs. of play time on a single charge
Shop JBL Clip 4 Speaker ($79.95)
27. REI Co-op Flash 22 Pack
Lean, clean and well-appointed, the 14 oz. REI Co-op Flash 22 gives you a removable back pad, waist and sternum straps—even a hydration sleeve—real comfort for a long day hike or summit push.
- Now made with recycled, bluesign®-approved materials, this product earns the bluesign® product designation
- Breathable, stretch-mesh shoulder straps have fold-over padding that softens contact with neck and shoulders
- Mesh back is soft, breathable and lightly padded for comfort
- Back panel pad can be removed for use as a sit pad
- Sternum strap can be detached to save weight
- Drawcord closure is covered by a lid with zippered pocket; 1 additional zippered pocket on front
- Has an internal sleeve to hold a hydration reservoir (not included); includes a port to route the sip tube over either shoulder
- Stash side pockets hold water bottles and other trail essentials
- Internal organizer pockets plus a key fob
- Removable Packmod bungee can be moved to any attachment point for personalization
- Tool loop on bottom of pack can be tucked away when not needed
- Exterior loops can be used to lash on extra gear or add compression
- Made to reflect our love for people and the planet through the use of recycled nylon and bluesign®-approved materials
- Recycled materials keep waste out of landfills and bluesign®-approved materials conserve resources and protect the health of the environment, workers and wearer (you!)
Shop REI Co-op Flash 22 Pack ($59.95)
28. Mountain Summit Gear Classic Blue Enamel Mug – 12 fl. oz. – Set of 4
A timeless favorite of campers, the Mountain Summit Gear Classic Blue Enamel Coffee Mug set includes 4 mugs that each hold 12 fl. oz. of your favorite camp beverage, be it hot or cold.
Shop Mountain Summit Gear Classic Blue Enamel Mug-12 fl. oz. – Set of 4 ($14.73)
29. LuminAID PackLite Max 2-in-1 Power Lantern
Light up your campsite and provide a backup battery charge to your devices when you are off the grid with the LuminAID PackLite Max 2-in-1 power lantern.
- With no need for replacement batteries, this solar lantern is the perfect choice for first aid kits, car emergency kits or your bug-out bag
- Choose from 5 brightness settings; lantern provides 150 lumens of bright LED light on turbo mode and can run for up to 50 hrs. on low mode when fully charged
- Recharges via solar power in 12 to 14 hrs. of direct outdoor sunlight, or by USB input in 1 to 2 hrs. (USB cord included); 4-level battery charge indicator
- Built-in 2,000 mAh lithium-ion battery powers the 5V/ 2.1 amp USB output port, giving your phone or tablet a 75–100% battery boost in 2–4 hours (depending on device type)
- Collapsible light measures 6 x 6 x 6 in. when inflated and packs down to 1 in. tall
- Adjustable strap allows you to easily hang the lantern on trees or in tents, and can even be used to daisy-chain multiple lights together
- LEDs won’t get hot, so light can be used in tents and with kids
- 100% PVC free; made with waterproof, shatterproof and durable heavy-duty TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane)
- Floating design is IP67 rated, meaning this is considered dustproof and waterproof; it can withstand submersion in water up to 1 m deep for up to 30 min.
Shop LuminAID PackLite Max 2-in-1 Power Lantern ($49.95)
30. Lems Trailhead Sneakers – Men’s
Looking for minimalist hiking shoes that can do it all? Lems Trailhead men’s sneakers are lightweight, vegan-friendly shoes that will take on trails and tackle city streets, all in the same day.
- Lems natural-shaped last has a wide toe box that allows toes to splay naturally and and ample width at the forefoot for all-day comfort
- Midsole thickness measures 14mm at heels and 10mm at forefeet for a 4mm drop
- With a low heel drop of 4mm and this natural-shape fit, they’re designed to improve body positioning, walking gait and overall foot health
- Uppers are made of 100% synthetic materials including lightweight, quick-drying micro-suede and knitted mesh
- 4.5mm removable polyurethane footbeds add cushioning
- Mountain-to-Town outsoles are made with full-length rubber and a 2.5mm lug depth, providing both traction on trails and excellent durability on pavement
Shop Lems Trailhead Sneakers – Men’s ($140.00)