We’ve compiled a list of 30 fun and practical gifts for the forager on your list. Each item on the list Paul or I personally own and love or have read lots of reviews of and have added to our own wish lists. This post contains affiliate links that earn us a small commission should you click through and make a purchase (at no additional cost to you) Thank you in advance for your support!
Step up your foraging game with the Opinel No. 8 mushroom knife, featuring a curved blade and serrated back edge for cutting and scraping, plus a boar-bristle brush for dusting off your haul.
- Curved blade allows for easy cutting; serrated back edge helps with scraping and cleaning
- 100% natural boar-bristle brush helps you dust off your mushrooms
Updated with a longer length and modern design features but still just as ready for the rain, this women’s Outdoor Research Aspire II GORE-TEX jacket is a worthy companion for wet weather.
- GORE-TEX PACLITE® fabric with fully taped seams offers windproof and waterproof/breathable protection
- TorsoFlo™ hem-to-bicep venting helps you shed heat during activity
- Refined fit features a longer length and more modernized design
- YKK Aquaguard® zippers and an internal front stormflap seal out rain
- Fully adjustable hood adds coverage
- Hook-and-loop cuff closures and an elastic drawcord hem seal in warmth
- Zippered chest and hand pockets; key clip
If you want to experiment with wild foods and explore new flavors, but don’t know where to start, The Forager’s Pantry is here to make foraged food both accessible and delicious.
Bringing a vintage-inspired look to your camp collection, these Barebones Enamelware bowls feature a timeless speckled enamel finish and heat-treated stainless-steel rims with a copperlike patina.
- Steel-core bowls feature a speckled enamel finish
- Hand-finished, baked stainless-steel rims create a copperlike patina finish; slight variations in color on bowl rims are expected
- Designed to be durable enough for indoor and outdoor use
- Oven safe to 500°F; do not microwave
- Hand washing recommended; to hand wash, use a gentle, natural cleanser and soak bowls in warm, soapy water to help remove baked-on food; gently wipe away residue
- Avoid abrasive sponges or brushes that may scratch the surface
- Both the surface and rim can be stripped of their unique coloring by acidic foods, such as lemon, as well as some harsh detergents and cleansers
- Sold as a package of 2 bowls
The ultimate multitasker for cooking at the campsite, the Lodge 4-in-1 Camp dutch oven tool protects your hands from heat, keeps your cookware off the ground and maximizes your cooking area.
Bring the outside in with the 1,000-piece Lantern Press Mushrooms puzzle, featuring the art of Adolphe Millot. It’s a perfect way to spend a rainy day when you can’t get out to your favorite trails.
Securely attached to your pack shoulder strap, the REI Co-op Packmod Rainshield pocket holds gear that you want to keep dry—like a phone or GPS—nearby and protected from foul weather.
- Seam-taped ripstop nylon shell has a durable water repellent (DWR) finish to shrug off precipitation
- Ripstop nylon lining has a water-resistant silicone + TPU coating with DWR finish
- Magnetic closure is quick, easy and secure
- Fits a wide range of pack straps
- Shell is made from bluesign® materials, which conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment
When your outdoor adventure demands ingenuity as a survival skill, pack the UCO Titan Stormproof match kit. Beefy, long-burning windproof and waterproof Titan matches incinerate the competition.
- Over 4 in. long and boasting a burn time of up to 25 seconds, each match will fire up in harsh conditions and will even light after being submerged in water
- Kit includes 12 matches, 3 replaceable strikers, a waterproof case that floats and a lanyard cord
- Durable, waterproof case floats and keeps contents dry and protected
- External, integrated and replaceable striker for easy lighting
- Extended length helps you avoid burning your fingertips
What could be better than a reversible griddle from Lodge? The smooth side makes grilled cheese sandwiches as well as eggs and pancakes. The ribbed side grills steak, fish, chicken and hamburgers.
Featuring identification keys and over 500 color photographs, Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest helps you spot more than 450 interesting, distinctive species of mushrooms growing around the region.
Level up your food game with the Coleman Cascade 2-burner stove. It makes it easy to cook great meals outdoors—perfect for those times when trail mix just won’t cut it.
- 2 adjustable burners offer 22,000 total BTUs of cooking power
- Improved knob rotation allows precise temperature and simmer control
- Since cooking in the elements can be tough, this stove has 2 guards to shield the burners and flame from the wind
- Rotary ignition allows easy, matchless lighting, so you don’t have to worry about bringing along matches or a lighter when you’re packing to go
- Aluminized steel cooktop and removable chrome-plated pan support allow quick, mess-free cleanup
- There’s a secure space for storing the regulator, and a heavy-duty latch keeps the stove closed while you travel
- Recessed carry handle makes the stove easy to bring along to the campsite or park
An everyday, do-it-all hat for checking surf, biking into town for coffee and backpacking in the high country, the Patagonia Brodeo beanie features a warm blend of luxurious recycled wool and nylon.
- Recycled wool and nylon blend fabric feels smooth against skin, sheds moisture and insulates even when wet
- 2 in. rib-knit cuff fits snugly around your ears for extra warmth
Sip hot cocoa at the campground or pour yourself a cup of tea at home with the Parks Project enamel mug. National Park–inspired designs encourage you to “feel the Earth breathe.”
With The Wildcrafted Cocktail as your guide, learn to make delicious, one-of-a-kind mixed drinks with common flowers, berries, roots and leaves that you can find along roadsides or in your backyard.
- Includes more than 50 recipes for garnishes, syrups, infusions, juices and and bitters
- Commonly found foraged ingredients serve as the foundation for 45 unique and delicious botanical cocktail recipes
With a pealess design that won’t break or fail where other whistles will, the Vargo Titanium emergency whistle weighs only a tenth of an ounce. It’s a great addition to any pack or emergency kit.
Designed to fit with your hiking boots, the Darn Tough Her Spur Light Cushion Boot socks bring a performance fit with longer coverage to every step, and at a light weight to boot (so to speak).
Explore the breathtaking beauty of mushrooms shared by a master forager in Mushroom Wanderland, including how to identify and use them in cooking, home remedies and more.
Great for keeping snacks and sunscreen handy on a hike, the REI Co-op Trail 2 waist pack also has a secret pocket for your cash and passport that makes it excellent for travel.
- Updated from previous versions, body and lining fabric are now made from recycled material
- Rugged recycled nylon shell has a durable water repellent (DWR) finish to repel light rain and stains
- Bucket-style top-loading main compartment lets you access your trail essentials quick and easy
- Convenient front stash pocket and secret back pocket for storing valuables
- Made to reflect our love for people and the planet through the use of recycled polyester and nylon, which keep waste out of landfills
Rugged, slip-on boots with classic styling, these are the Chelsea boots that started it all. Blundstone Original 500 Chelsea women’s boots have durable leather uppers that’ll last for ages.
Cook up fireside omelettes, spicy stir-frys, cornbread and more with the Barebones All-In-One 10 in. cast-iron skillet. It’s designed for the open fire but elegant enough for the kitchen.
Wherever you’re out in the cold, you’ll love the streamlined warmth, moisture-wicking comfort and easy layering of the women’s REI Co-op Midweight long-sleeve base layer top.
- Smooth outer face lets layers slide on easily, while a brushed interior provides warmth
- Fabric wicks moisture and dries quickly to keep you comfortable
- 4-way stretch delivers a flexible range of motion
- Flatseam construction reduces bulk and chafing, and rolled-forward shoulder seams prevent abrasion from pack straps
- UPF 50+ rating helps protect against sun rays
- Fair Trade Certified™ factories promote safe working conditions and sustainable livelihoods
- Made using bluesign®-approved materials, which conserve resources and protect the health of the environment, workers and wearer
This full-featured compass lets you take accurate bearings with a sighting notch and mirror, plus its patented Global needle works anywhere on earth.
- Baseplate features magnifying lens, straight edge and inch markings for accurate map reading
- Declination scale is adjustable to account for the difference between magnetic and true North; adjustment key is included on lanyard
- Easy-grip bezel reads in 2-degree increments and features luminous outer ring for low-light reading
Stoke the campfire or handle hot pots during campsite cookouts with the Snow Peak Fire Side leather gloves. They extend beyond the wrists for full coverage against heat, sparks and splinters.
The Hults Bruk Aneby hatchet is a stout, medium-size felling axe for cutting down trees and lopping off branches.
- Axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697
- Steel is struck during the hand-grinding process, increasing its density and durability
- Tempered zone on the axe head is designed to hold a very sharp edge, even after many sharpenings
- 20 in. curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil
- Includes a traditional protective leather sheath embellished with unique Swedish designs and a storage box with users’ manual
- Axe head weighs 2 lbs.
What’s more essential than preventing bad weather from ruining your adventures? The packable men’s REI Co-op Essential rain pants shed rain, block wind and let you move with ease.
- 2.5-layer shell pants provide lightweight, breathable performance with fully sealed seams for complete waterproof protection
- Articulated knees enhance mobility
- Lower zippered leg vents allow easy on/off without having to remove your boots
- Elastic drawcord waistband lets you customize the way the pants fit
- Zippered side pocket secures small trail essentials
- Pants pack down small into their own pocket
- Co-op profits go back to their source—members get 10% back annually on eligible purchases. (10% is typical but not guaranteed.)
- Member free shipping. No minimum purchase amount required. Exclusions apply.
- Save on your favorite (outdoor) things with special offers, discounts, Member Bonus Cards and more.
- Buy and trade in used gear with Re/Supply, co-op members shop and trade in used gear that’s ready for more life outside.
- Early access to curated products and limited-edition gear. Only at REI Co-op—and just for our members.
- Members save 20% on bike & snow shop services. Exclusions apply.
- Members, try something different or rediscover a forgotten favorite. Or just get outside in a new way. No deposit required.
- Explore more for less with special pricing and discounts on REI Co-op classes, day trips and nationwide adventures.New members create change. We’ll donate $5 to the REI Cooperative Action Fund† with the purchase of each lifetime membership. †The REI Cooperative Action Fund is a 501(c)(3) public charity which makes grants to nonprofits that promote justice, equity and belonging in the outdoors.
- Learn, explore and connect through access to unique local events, hosted live in your neighborhood and virtually around the country.
- Your voice matters. Members can vote on candidates for the co-op board who represent and guide the co-op forward.
- Members get free flat tire repair for bikes (labor only, parts not included) and machine wax for skis or boards. Exclusions apply.
Featuring a Wondery original graphic on the back, the Golden Soul women’s flannel shirt is extra thick to provide more warmth—whether worn as a structured shirt or layered as a lightweight jacket.
Ready to use right out of the box, this Lodge 5 qt. cast iron dutch oven comes with a beautiful heirloom finish that eliminates the time and effort typically required to season cast iron cookware.
Bogs set out to make lighter, more comfortable rain boots and in the process they created boots that are more colorful and attractive, too—meet the Bogs Classic Casual Nylon rain boots for women.
- Water-resistant uppers help keep your feet dry during walks into town on wet days
- Rebound cushioning provides all-day comfort and energy return
- BLOOM™ EVA footbeds are made from plant-based, performance-driven foam from algae biomass, a renewable feedstock sourced from lakes and ponds at high risk of algal bloom
- DuraFresh natural biotechnology activates to fight odors by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria
- Built with recycled materials
Warm, breathable and quick-drying for daily wear, the men’s Patagonia Capilene Midweight Crew base layer top incorporates HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control to cut the funk and keep the fabric fresher.
- Capilene® hits the sweet spot between weight, breathability and wicking performance so you can wear this top alone or under layers to stay dry and comfortable
- Smooth face allows easy layering; internal diamond-grid pattern rests lightly on the skin to trap warmth
- Forgiving stretch moves with you; full underarm gussets provide unhindered shoulder mobility
- Hollow-core yarn construction increases wicking performance and speeds dry times
- HeiQ Fresh durable odor control means less washing and more wearing
- Flatlock seams and rib-knit collar with internal neck tape for chafe-free comfort; raglan shoulder seams and offset side seams lie smoothly beneath pack straps
- Elastic thumbholes add coverage for your hands and ease layering
- Droptail hem extends coverage
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn