This recipe makes two pints of pickled Chanterelles, you can play around with this recipe and pickle any mushroom but we most recently did Wild Oregon Chanterelles.
- 2 pounds Chanterelles or whatever mushroom you want to use
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 bay leaf for each jar
- Thyme to taste
- Black peppercorns to taste
- Minced garlic to taste
- Get your canning stuff ready.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms into bite size pieces. Dry saute the mushrooms in a frying pan until the moisture has evaporated and set aside.
- In a separate pan, bring: vinegar, sugar, salt, thyme, peppercorns and garlic to a boil. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mushrooms into the jars with a bay leaf in each jar. Pour the brine over the mushrooms and seal the lids. Then process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Store in a cool place (we keep ours in the fridge).